Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Cold Summer



Last summer was as cold as hell
'Cause sorrow made me so unwell
Don't ask me why I had no fun
Though the boring school was done.

The birds were chirping in the air
A breeze was playing with my hair
Trees were green and grass was wet
The 'wickets' and the 'pitch' were set.

The pretty girl who smiled at me,
Her dimple cheek I yearn to see
All through summer, I thought of her,
and her pretty angel-stare.

She filled up all my sleepy realms
As pink and pretty popcorn dreams
They always say its beautiful
But why should love be so painful?

Her eyes were blue like still waters
I'd jump in them and drown myself
Is her smile the source of cold
That grips and chews up all my soul?

The thousand days she ignored me
Had kept me hoping, dreaming on
The last day ere the summer hols
She smiled at me and I fell dead!

No comments: